My accomplishments this week:
- Got a flash fiction story written. Have another that I will get done today!
- Made it to work every day (yay). Nothing so exciting this week, but still I was there.
- Visited my dad in the hospital on Saturday and made him smile with a balloon and a card. Going to visit him again tomorrow.
- Edited “the novel,” a little bit.
- Finally read (well, listened to) Harper Lee’s new book. I had a lot of deep thoughts from it. To be honest, I’d been putting this one off, dreading it even, but when I listened to it I realized how brilliant it really was and that Harper Lee is dealing with deep subjects like paternalism and the need to take down our idols.
- Last but not least, I remembered to write a Friday post!!
5 thoughts on “Celebrate the Small Things #2”
Hope your father is back on his feet again soon! And congrats on all that writing! That’s amazing and may it hold on for many days.
What a huge, great list of celebrations! I’m glad you made your father happy and hope he recovers soon. Congrats on the writing and editing accomplishments! I’m glad you’re enjoying Harper Lee’s book and seeing the deeper more mature themes in it. Thanks for posting and have a lovely weekend! 🙂
Wonderful list of gratitude. Happy weekend to you.
Yay! What great celebrations (and accomplishments!)
I’m partway through the new Harper Lee book… still not sure what I think.
I imagine your father will appreciate the visit. And some weeks, just managing to get things done can feel like a great accomplishment. Hope your weekend’s going well.