Here’s my fourth post for Celebrate the Small Things! As often Friday mornings in a bit of a rush, well as usual on most mornings most of the time, but here’s what I can come up with thus far!
- Finally, I got someone to remodel my bathroom. I ditched the former guy and got new people who are willing to do a much simpler job for somewhat less. I am so relieved and tense. As I type this, they are supposed to show up in about ten minutes.
- Made it to work every day this week.
- Made it to the gym every day
- Started work on a short story for the IWSG contest. (Although I’m probably going to submit one I wrote a while ago, I’m flexing my muscles! Unfortunately, that story was lost and will have to be found or rewritten but … I can do that. Sure.)
- Did edits on my novel.
- Got started reading a new novel Cycle of Arawn, which started out really slow (almost gave up on it tbh!) but now it’s starting to get kind of interesting now.
- My dad is now OUT OF REHAB!! (He was in the hospital then rehab). He has to go to the doctor every day but he is so happy to be out. Going to visit him tomorrow for a few hours because we have to tone down Labor Day celebrations a little bit but still planning to get together. I’m so relieved. They were saying he would have to be in for much longer and he was seriously despirited by that.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
9 thoughts on “Celebrate the Small Things #4”
Sounds like you had a great week! That’s wonderful that your dad is out of rehab! Wishing him a full and quick recovery. I hope the remodeling is going well. Good luck with your short story writing and your edits!
So happy for your father! Here’s wishing him only the best of health to come. Good luck with your remodeling ; hopefully, these new guys work out for you. And yay to all the writing! Sounds like you’ve been productive.
Congrats on your dad’s speedy recovery! And yay that you went to work and the gym all this week. I wish you good luck on the bathroom renovations and the short story writing. Keep us updated on how that’s going. Have a lovely weekend! 🙂
Stopping by on the blog hop as I see you are another new member to join since I’ve been away a short while. I know all about getting people in to do work on your house and luckily I’ve found some really good ones but it’s horrible and time consuming when you can’t so wishing you all the very best with these new guys 🙂 It’s always nice to tick off lists and you look to be doing really well on yours. Have a super weekend and nice to meet you! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace
That’s quite the list. Mines shorter, but I’m grateful too. 🙂
Anna from Elements of Writing
Sounds like you had a productive week. I hope things get better for your dad soon. I keep coming across this, “Celebrate the Small Things,” blog hop and each time I want to join – more and more. It’s nice, like a combination of gratitude with a sprinkle of organizational skills – which I am desperately in need of.
Best of luck with your IWSG entry. I just read that Alex has quite a few rolling in. I would love to participate, but I don’t think I can write that genre. Love to read it, but can’t write it.
Thanks Melissa! Hope you decide to join in. It really does help, a lot, to be part of such a positive place.