It’s Friday and that means it is time to Celebrate!
- I am celebrating getting slightly ahead of the curve and (mostly) writing this the day before. 🙂
- I have a new garage door that actually opens and closes automatically. This is a small thing which is now nearly a year in the making due to – lots of problems.
- I’m getting back into the Flash Fiction habit.
- I’ve started editing a novel with a lot of characters and tangled plotlines by writing out individual plot synopses for each character. I’ve never it this way before but it’s really helping me get a handle on things and I’ve spun ten or so scenes so far out of this project.
- Also I signed up for the summer reading club at the library and got a cool lanyard. Yay.
The one thing I have not done much this week is sleep.
4 thoughts on “Celebrate the Small Things”
I’ve done summer reading programs for my kids for years, but our library has one for adults as well. Since I read a ton, I should check it out. That’s one good-looking garage door. Worth the wait, I’d say.
What a great list! Congrats on the new automatic-opening garage door, writing some flash fiction, finding new ways to edit your novel that makes things easier, and joining a reading group. Very cool! Have a lovely weekend! 🙂
Yay to getting all that writing along! And a double yay to the garage door. How nice to have it so you don’t have to jump in and out of the car all of the time.
My parsimonious father finally got a remote-control garage door about a year ago. It was too hard on his back to keep hauling up the manual door. I do miss that old one I grew up with, though.