For this week’s Celebrate the Small Things, I kind of want to start out by saying this feels like a week where I got nothing done, but usually by the time I’m done typing I realize that isn’t entirely true and it makes me feel better, somewhat. =D
- I weeded somewhat. Okay I still feel like I’m at war with my yard and my yard is winning BUT the tide is turning somewhat. I tried Round Up and my yard laughed at my feeble attempts. A few plants yielded but the peskiest ones (including a couple patches of what I’m pretty sure is poison ivy) simply laughed at my pitiful attempts. So … I put on my triple layer glad it was cooler than usual for June clothing and pulled the weeds out myself with only a few teensy poison ivy bumps on my forehead. Next time, hockey mask?
- Writing wise, I have made serious inroads into my antagonists. I keep cross-populating antagonists across my novels. I watched and totally loved Deadpool (which definitely earned its R rating because it was like South Park meets Daredevil) and found myself oddly inspired by the crazy. Thank you Redbox for the free movie code.
- I got a lot of almost-summer spring cleaning done. I’m typing this from the library where I borrowed a book called the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Organized and it is so helpful. I get a lot more done at the library.
- Also I visited the gym every other day this week. I sold the one for-pay article I wrote although I’m mostly focusing on my fiction at the moment.
- As mentioned in Item 1, I really want to celebrate what a gorgeous week it has been. The weather apart from the thunderstorms has been so pleasantly cool and just about perfect. Why can’t every day be spring and/or fall?
How was your week? Happy June!