Here’s my weekly post for Celebrate the Small Things! And my how time flies. I can’t believe it’s the middle of October already(???)
Here’s a few things I’m celebrating this past week!
- Visited with family this past weekend and spent time with a family friend who told me stories and showed me some fascinating historical artifacts she’s kept around, like war ration stamps.
- Got a small writing project done for a client who (due to some technical difficulties) got the guidelines to me at the last minute. I really had to go to the wire for that one.
- Got my car in for its annual inspection (here in PA we have to do emissions AND inspection once a year) and found out that because I’m in the dealer’s loyalty plan the inspection was much cheaper than it would be otherwise, which is awesome, because my income is not so great at the moment.
- Did a lot of edits on works in progress, including my short story for the IWSG contest, which is almost where I want it to be!
- For an ongoing non-fiction project I’m doing, got through a couple books and halfway through a couple more. Also started brushing up on my foreign languages again, because I want to do some scholarly writing and feel like I have important things to say.
And that’s been my week thus far. I love how I often feel like “I didn’t get anything done this week” until I start writing it all down and it’s like – you know, not too shabby after all. How was your week?