We survived another year – and another holiday season, almost (the tree is still up). I haven’t done New Year’s Resolutions in years, but this year I’ve decided to give it a shot.
1. Work on my fiction around 6 hours a day (5 days a week). I’ve been doing this spreadsheet to track my work habits and this seems to be doable. Also, the spreadsheet is so helpful. I will keep up the spreadsheet!
2. Do about five non-fiction, paid pieces a week.
3. Get my daily cardio and three times a week strength training in.
4. Get out to the local writer’s and book club meetings – which I have still never been to. I WILL GO! They’re doing Fahrenheit 451 in January and a friend keeps saying all my Kindle reading reminds her of the “firemen” because I don’t read printed books anymore if I can help it. True confessions: I have never actually READ Fahrenheit 451 and she had to explain what “firemen” were. Also, writer’s meetings scare me.
5. Last but not least, blog and read up on blogs at least three times a week. I think daily was a bit much and then when I failed I went into this reclusive slump. Bad, bad blogger.
So that’s what I’m resolving to do this year. What about you? Do you do New Year’s Resolutions?
P.S. Happy 2015!!!! We made it!!