Wow, so it’s Friday again. This week was a slow week in some ways and that’s probably because I got a lot of (boring – yawn) work done.
- Sold quite a few business writing pieces, enough so I feel almost like an actual writer. Even though I really love fiction, it gives me this happy feeling inside to know my writing is helping someone somehow. Also the money helps!
- I got a lot of yard work done, including some pruning of tree branches which I’m really proud of myself for because it’s kind of scary. Also, a little over a year into this new home I’m finally starting to figure out where everything is.
- Got my regular cardio in, including a trip to local Wildwood Park and gym trips on cloudy/rainy days. Weather has been so awesome here. I wish it could be like this forever! But I know Winter Is Coming.
- Oh yes, I’m actually reading Game of Thrones and am on the second book now. I actually started reading it over a year ago and was totally thrown by the fact that, after the creepy ghost zombie prologue, the main story starts with a beheading – and I’m supposed to like the guy who does the beheading. Yes. Indeed. And now, okay, I am loving the series.
- I’m working on this short story which I don’t even actually want to talk about right now. I sort of hate it, but in this way where I’m not sure if that’s because it is bad or if that’s because the subject matter cuts so close to the bone for me – which could mean it’s actually really good. All I know is I want to finish a rough draft and then walk away from it for a few days while I catch my breath and quietly hate on the bad guys and do other things. But first I have to finish a draft.
How was your week? Okay time for lunch and then back to work! Life is good.
3 thoughts on “Celebrate the Small Things”
Congrats on getting all that business writing out there! It may not be fiction, but at least you’re writing. I’ve been doing some yard work, too, trying to keep up with my lawn. It’s not supposed to grow that fast. I’m loving the cooler weather. I haven’t gotten into Game of Thrones yet. One of these days… Your short story sounds very intense. Good luck with it! Enjoy your weekend!
Yay to sold writing! That’s good, business or not. I’ve got Game of Thrones on my TBR list. Maybe this winter.
It’s a great series. I didn’t think I’d like it at first but I have to admit I’m hooked now.