Back from a much-needed trip abroad and realizing November starts … tomorrow? NO!! I have two novels outlined, a short story out, and … yeah, I definitely needed a break!
A few more pictures:
Berlin’s Celebration of Lights at the Brandenburg Gate
Snow in Austria
All right, that’s it! Back to work.
Just a quick note to say that it is NOW the official release date for Spooktacular Seductions, featuring my story, “Do You Believe in Ghosts?” along with 7 other spine-tingling tales!
Happy Book Birthday Spooktacular Seductions!
Genre: Romance Anthology
Release Date: October 31, 2014
Keywords: Romance, Short Stories, Halloween, Paranormal
Falling in love can be terrifying.
Eight tales of spooky romance brought to you just in time for Halloween.
Bewitching Gypsy by Linda Carroll-Bradd
Garden of Souls by Michelle Ziegler
If This Be Madness by Echo Shea
Encantado by Havva Murat
Do You Believe in Ghosts by Anne Higa
Ghost of a Chance by Lily Carlyle
Where Angels Tread by Christy Thomas
Spooky Hollow Café by Lisa A. Adams
Book Blitz & tour-wide giveaway: paperback copy of Spooktacular Seductions and a $10 Amazon gift card!
Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code. No purchase necessary, but you must be 18 or older to enter. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter, and announced on the widget. Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Roane Publishing’s marketing department.
“You know,” Frank said, “people really will bet on anything.”
Charles could not resist the challenge. “You want to bet?”
Two days later….
Frank accepted his twenty bucks from Stan, a mutual friend, while Charles watched from a distance.
“Best twenty bucks I ever spent,” Stan said. “He cooked, plucked, and ate it.”
As soon as Stan left, Charles walked over and handed him the rest of the money he needed for his new business.
Thus, Pluck-a-Chicken-on-a-Stick was founded, for those who love their chicken fresh – and convenient. Proving – among other things – that yes, people really will bet on anything.
This week’s story is inspired in part by yet another reminder that – yes – people will bet on just about anything. (I’m going to leave it at that….) Also, having visited one too many Renaissance Faires, almost anything can be put on a stick and eaten. Upon seeing this picture, I just had to find some way to combine these two pastimes. 🙂 Hope it works.
First of all, Happy Birthday IWSG!!! For the anniversary of IWSG, we’ve been asked to put together a short piece on writing, publishing, or marketing. For my post, I’m going to share some tricks I use to help me stay motivated:
1. Be task-oriented. I am used to thinking of work in terms of time. As a writer, I’ve found that I need to reverse my thought processes and think in terms of what I need to get done rather than the time I will dedicate to working. This may sound zany, but it’s true.
2. Remind yourself what you should be doing. I use desktop wallpaper to remind me what I should be doing.
3. Exercise, eat right, etc. I know, I know.. But it really does help. A lot.
4. Vary your locale. I mostly write on a laptop computer, but I’m not above pen and paper. Sometimes if I’m stuck on a crowded restaurant scene I’ll go someplace crowded. For a quiet meditative moment…you get the idea.
5. Just Do It.
6. Have a Support System. It helps a lot to know there are people out there who know you are supposed to be writing.
7. Never Give Up.
8. And don’t forget to treat yourself for a job well done. Our brains are wired for positive feedback.
That’s what I’ve got from my arsenal. What do you think? How do you stay motivated?